Members at Large
CEU Program Coordinator
Law and Ethics Workshop
Trauma Response Team
Bookkeeper (Paid Staff)
As Voted on by the Board. See Board Minutes for exact wording.
Approved $300 for Board conflict-resolution/team-building retreat. (May)
CEU and Networking
Non-members will be charged $10 to attend our CEU meetings and receive CEUs. (Jan)
Board approved offering to CEU presenters: free 1/8-page ad for one newsletter. (May)
Pleasanton Coffee Talk networking group approved as a Chapter function. (May)
Display Ads Formatting
If no Chapter member volunteers, the Board agreed to pay Infolane $30/display ad to format it for the website. (Jan)
The Board approved switching of bank accounts, CD accounts, and payroll service. (Jan)
Financial Guide approved by Board. (Apr)
Recurring bills (rent, utilities) go to Bookkeeper. Other bills go to Office Manager for review and then to Bookkeeper, who cuts check for Treasurer to sign. (Apr)
Chapter will continue to absorb PayPal fees for now. (Apr)
Board approved new contract with Hudson, Bookkeeper. (May)
Search Committee will look for candidates to replace retiring Office Manager, Harriet Hanauer. (Apr 27)
Budget approved for $500 to train new Office Manager. (May)
Members will receive a renewal notice 2 months prior to expiration date. For one month following the expiration date, they are still active members, but pay a late fee. For 2 more months after that, they will be inactive members, but can still renew with the late fee. After that, they must re-apply, paying an application fee where appropriate. (Jan)
Board approved paying Infolane $330 to write code that sends automatic renewal notices per a specific schedule. (Feb)
$550 approved for upgrade to eliminate duplicate member records on re-application. (May)
Board voted to contract with Hudson Management for our bookkeeping services. (Dec)
The ballot will ask members to vote on 2 bylaws changes:
(1) Article II. Section C. Membership To replace existing Mailing List Affiliate category with Newsletter Subscription category. A change in these categories on the chapter's membership application was previously approved by the board in May 2005.
(2) Article II. Section D. Dues To eliminate the provision that limits the chapter's annual dues from exceeding an amount equal to fifty percent (50%) of clinical member dues of CAMFT. (Oct)
Collaboration with Other Organizations
Deep Streams Institute The Chapter will co-sponsor a workshop (Traums and Iraq Veterans) with this organzation so our members can receive at 10% discount. (Oct)
Zur Institute The Chapter will enter into a membership with the ZUR institute (at no cost) so members will receive a 10% discount to on-line CEU courses offered by the ZUR institute. (Sep)
The Board agreed that at least one Board member should attend each CEU meeting. (May)
Because the CEU Chair is finding it difficult to complete all functions without a committee, beginning June 9th, refreshments will not be provided at the Chapter CEU meetings, although the Diablo Satellite group will continue to do so for the time being. This issue may be revisited in the future if a volunteer steps forward and members are unsatisfied with this change. (June)
Active Chapter members who cannot afford membership dues may be offered a scholarship that waives partial or full membership dues if they submit the request in writing. (March)
The Nominations Committee Procedure (rather than the bylaws) will be changed to indicate that (1) people who are nominated must give their approval before their names are placed on the ballot and (2) the ballot should clarify that any write-ins are considered nominations (not votes) for the person in question; the Board will then determine if the write-in person is interested in the position and conduct a vote based on the person's response. (January)
Confidentiality Guidelines The Board agreed to leave the confidentiality guidelines as is (following an instance where a member forwarded an e-mail from a potential client to the E-Tree). (March)
Ads for Non-Members We will continue to allow EB-CAMFT members to advertise via the E-Tree for non-members. An e-mail notice / invitation will be sent out to the member and non-member outlining the benefits of full membership to the chapter. (Oct)
Listserv for Board A listserv will be set up by the e-tree team, to be maintained by the secretary, to maintain accurate and updated information on board of director's membership. (Sep)
Mailing labels will now cost $80 for EB-CAMFT members and $100 for CAMFT members. (February)
Member Data Changes
Office policy now requires written notice from members before any changes will be made to our database. (July)
The Board approved the response letter (drafted with CAMFT attorney input) to the June grievance from a Chapter member. (July)
The newsletter will be offered online as of July, 2006. Hard copies will be offered at no charge for the remainder of the year. A fee of $12 will be charged for members wanting a hard copy in 2007. (February)
The Board approved new advertising rates. There will no longer be separate prices for newsletter and website, so the rate structure has been simplified. Ads will now appear in both the newsletter and the website. We will no longer insert flyers into the newsletter; instead, we will charge for a 1- or 2-page ad that will be included as part of the newsletter. (May)
Office Manager Backup
The Board approved Mary Ashby's backup up Harriet Hanauer while she is on vacation for 5 weeks, beginning June 18. Mary will be paid $17/hr for up to 5 hours per week and will do only Office Manager (not Website Editor) activities during those hours she's in the office. (April)
The Board approved 40 hours instead of the initial 25. (July)
The Board agreed to pay Mary Ashby for a total of 9 hours for the time she spent providing backup services as office manager during Harriet Hanauer's absence in August. (Sep)
The following appointments were approved: Guillermo Alvarez, Secretary; Cindy Beckley, Treasurer.
Chapter members who do transactions via PayPal will not be charged for the PayPal fee. (March)
CAMFT required that we change our name from "Therapist Finder" to "East Bay Chapter Therapist Finder." (Nov)
The Board agreed to move it to January to avoid conflict with the L&E workshop in December and in hopes of encouraging more attendees (avoiding the holiday rush) and finding volunteers. (May)
As Voted on by the Board. See Board Minutes for exact wording.
Board meetings: Will be held the first Friday of each month from 4-6:00 (vs. alternating between Friday and Sunday). (March)
Fees for events: Executive Committee will attend at no charge; Voting Board Members will attend at 1/3 the cost; Non-Voting Board Members will attend at 2/3 the cost. Events include workshops, CEU meetings, social occasions. (December)
The Chapter will contract with a bookkeeper who has accounting experience. (April)
A $5 fee (vs. a $5 donation) will be charged for attending Monthly CEU presentations and Diablo Satellite Group presentations. Volunteers who help out with a particular presentation will attend at no charge. (December)
Computer Support Position
The computer support position will be paid at $25/hour for around 6 hours per month. (February)
The E-Tree guidelines will be revised and a disclaimer will be appended to E-Tree messages. (July, Guidelines approved in September)
The E-Tree Team (preferably an odd number of people) will share responsibilities for monitoring the E-Tree and responding to questionable e-mails. (October)
We agreed to being paying Infolane $295/month, an $80/month increase. (July)
Members who do not renew by February 1 will lose Chapter benefits (E-Tree access, Chapter CEU receipt, newsletter receipt). (January)
The "Affiliate Membership" category on the EB-CAMFT application will be replaced with "Newsletter Subscription." (May)
The new-application fee will be $25 as of November 1, 2005. (September)
Office Manager Backup
The Board voted to hire Mary Ashby for 8 hours/week at $17/hour from February 21 through March 17 while Harriet Hanauer is on vacation. (February)
Harriet will send an e-mail reminder that members will lose their Chapter benefits (E-Tree access, Chapter CEU receipt, newsletter receipt) if they have not renewed by February 1. (January)
The Chapter will establish a PayPal account for renewals. (May)
Vision and Goals
A Chapter Vision Statement and Chapter goals for 2006 were approved. (March, revised Vision in April)
Workshop Fees for Board Members
The Executive Committee can attend workshops and CEU meetings at no charge, the Voting Board Members at 1/3 the cost, and the Non-Voting Board members at 2/3 the cost. Volunteers who help put on an event will continue to attend at no charge. (December)
As Voted on by the Board. See Board Minutes for exact wording.
The Board approved said policies in order to renew our liability insurance. (December)
The Bookkeeper will be paid as a consultant rather than an employee. (September)
Diversity Committee was chartered. (June)
Mentoring Committee was chartered. (February)
Mentoring guidelines were accepted. (September)
The Chapter approved the dues increase measure. (November)
A Finance Committee was chartered, chaired by Mary Ashby, Secretary. (June)
The Board approved website/database updates for an amount not to exceed $1600. (June)
A joint Newsletter/Tech Team committee was chartered to explore the gradual transition of the newsletter to electronic form. (June)
The Board approved a "Diversity Corner" column for the newsletter. (September)
The Board approved a 10% hourly wage increase for the Office Manager, beginning January, 2005. (December)
Outstanding Chapter Leader
The Board agreed that the last 2-3 award recipients will arrange for nominations for the current year's recipient. (November)
The Board agreed to hold a visioning meeting in January. (November)
Welcome to the Etree
The Etree is a mailing list of East Bay CAMFT members that appreciate sending and receiving e-mail messages on a wide variety of professional topics. It is available to all members. You must have selected one of the Etree e-mail participation options (click here) in order to take advantage of this feature.
You may send e-mail messages by using your own e-mail program and addressing your message to firstname.lastname@example.org
List Serv (Etree) Terms and Conditions of Use
The EAST BAY CHAPTER OF CAMFT (EB-CAMFT) List Serv (herein called the Etree), is governed by the following terms and conditions of use. Your use of the Etree constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. The most current version of these terms and conditions will alway be available on the EB-CAMFT website (www.eastbaytherapist.org). The terms and conditions may change at anytime, and if they do, the updated terms and conditions will be posted on the website and also sent to the Etree.
- The Etree is an unmoderated List Serv. EB-CAMFT does not exert any editorial control of email sent to the Etree, and does not take responsibility for the content of any email sent to the Etree.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Maintain a respectful tone towards your colleagues who may hold differing opinions. Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention.
- Message content is to be directly related to our work as mental health providers. Do not send virus warnings, jokes, petitions, political endorsements or other mass mailings to the Etree.
- Commercial messages, including 3rd party announcements, are only welcome if they are directly related to our work as mental health providers. Please limit announcements of upcoming events and offerings to two postings.
- Only send a message to the entire Etree when it contains information that everyone can benefit from. Responses intended for individual users should be emailed to the intended individual. Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address on each posting.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. Also include the topic of the email to which you are responding in the subject section of your posting.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
Legal and Ethical Considerations
- Confidentiality is a legal right of every person who consults with a therapist and is one of the most important tenets of our profession. When making a referral or seeking resources for a client or potential client, be careful to protect the client's confidentiality. In the context of seeking a referral through the Etree, gender, approximate age, presenting issue and geographic location are usually enough to give a sense of the client. Ask yourself, "If someone knew this person, could they possibly recognize him or her from these details?"
- Do not forward any email, send any information or other material protected by copyright to the Etree without the permission of the copyright owner. By emailing such material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or that you have received permission from the copyright owner.
- By posting to the Etree, you grant EB-CAMFT and users of the Etree the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use any content of your email - including any attachments or images.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the Etree is not considered private, and comments are subject to libel and slander laws.
- Do not post messages if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale or services; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares; allocation of clients or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of clients or third party payors. References to policies and practices regarding fees are allowable as long as no actual fees are disclosed.
- As a CAMFT member you have access to attorneys who can provide free answers to legal, business, practice, and ethical issues and you acknowledge that questions regarding legal, ethical, business or practice matters may be better served by asking a CAMFT attorney.
Managing Your Etree Subscription
- Do not send administrative messages to the Etree such as "remove me from the Etree". You can manage your Etree subscription online by logging to your member page at www.eastbaytherapist.org.
- To change your e-mail address, go to the blue tab "Member Record", delete the existing email address, enter the new one and click on "Save Changes."
- To add or remove yourself from the E-Tree, click on the blue tab marked "Participation Options," make the selected change in the right-hand column, then click on "Save Changes.
- If you use an email vacation notification feature, please take yourself off the E-Tree temporarily so that your vacation notices don't inundate members' mailboxes.
Agreement to Terms and Conditions of Use
- Your use of the Etree constitutes agreements that you have read and understand the entire Etree terms and conditions of use, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions for every email you send to the Etree. If you have questions with regard to these terms and conditions, you should contact the E-Tree Team at email@example.com
- EB-CAMFT reserves the right to suspend or terminate the ability to use the Etree, or suspend or terminate EB-CAMFT membership for users who violate these terms and conditions. Members who have been terminated from the Etree and/or EB-CAMFT will have their cases reviewed by EB-CAMFT's board of directors within 60 days.
- The Etree is provided as a service of EB-CAMFT. EB-CAMFT accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted to the Etree on on EB-CAMFT's website by others. EB-CAMFT disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on the Etree or EB-CAMFT's website, whether posted by EB-CAMFT or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall EB-CAMFT be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the Etree or EB-CAMFT's website.
Version 1.02 Revised June 19, 2009
Problems? Questions? Feedback?
Contact the E-Tree Team at firstname.lastname@example.org