List Serv (E-Tree) Terms and Conditions of Use
The EAST BAY CHAPTER OF CAMFT (EB-CAMFT) List Serv (herein called the E-Tree), is governed by the following terms and conditions of use. Your use of the E-Tree constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. The most current version of these terms and conditions will always be available here on the EB-CAMFT website (www.eastbaytherapist.org). The terms and conditions may change at anytime, and if they do, the updated terms and conditions will be posted on the website and also sent to the E-Tree.
- The E-Tree is an unmoderated List Serv. EB-CAMFT does not exert any editorial control of email sent to the E-Tree, and does not take responsibility for the content of any email sent to the E-Tree.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited.
- Maintain a respectful tone towards your colleagues who may hold differing opinions. Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention.
- Message content is to be directly related to our work as mental health providers. Do not send virus warnings, jokes, petitions, political endorsements or other mass mailings to the E-Tree.
- Commercial messages, including 3rd party announcements, are only welcome if they are directly related to our work as mental health providers. Please limit announcements of upcoming events and offerings to two postings.
- Only send a message to the entire E-Tree when it contains information that everyone can benefit from. Responses intended for individual users should be emailed to the intended individual. Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location, and e-mail address on each posting.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. Also include the topic of the email to which you are responding in the subject section of your posting.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
Legal and Ethical Considerations
- Confidentiality is a legal right of every person who consults with a therapist and is one of the most important tenets of our profession. When making a referral or seeking resources for a client or potential client, be careful to protect the client's confidentiality. In the context of seeking a referral through the E-Tree, gender, approximate age, presenting issue and geographic location are usually enough to give a sense of the client. Ask yourself, "If someone knew this person, could they possibly recognize him or her from these details?"
- Do not forward any email, send any information or other material protected by copyright to the E-Tree without the permission of the copyright owner. By emailing such material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or that you have received permission from the copyright owner.
- By posting to the E-Tree, you grant EB-CAMFT and users of the E-Tree the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use any content of your email - including any attachments or images.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the E-Tree is not considered private, and comments are subject to libel and slander laws.
- Do not post messages if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale or services; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares; allocation of clients or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of clients or third party payors. References to policies and practices regarding fees are allowable as long as no actual fees are disclosed.
- As a CAMFT member you have access to attorneys who can provide free answers to legal, business, practice, and ethical issues and you acknowledge that questions regarding legal, ethical, business or practice matters may be better served by asking a CAMFT attorney.
Agreement to Terms and Conditions of Use
- Your use of the E-Tree constitutes agreements that you have read and understand the entire E-Tree terms and conditions of use, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions for every email you send to the E-Tree. If you have questions with regard to these terms and conditions, you should contact the E-Tree Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- EB-CAMFT reserves the right to suspend or terminate the ability to use the E-Tree, or suspend or terminate EB-CAMFT membership for users who violate these terms and conditions. Members who have been terminated from the E-Tree and/or EB-CAMFT will have their cases reviewed by EB-CAMFT's board of directors within 60 days.
- The E-Tree is provided as a service of EB-CAMFT. EB-CAMFT accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted to the E-Tree on on EB-CAMFT's website by others. EB-CAMFT disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on the E-Tree or EB-CAMFT's website, whether posted by EB-CAMFT or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall EB-CAMFT be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on the E-Tree or EB-CAMFT's website.
Version 1.02 Revised June 19, 2009