Presented by Dr. Anthony Kaveh
2 CE credits
Last day to register: Thursday, May 18, 2023 at 5 p.m.
Ketamine-assisted psychotherapy is a highly effective, evidence-based therapy for many treatment-resistant conditions. With Oregon's legalization of psilocybin, clients are increasingly curious about psychedelics and turning to providers for guidance. Learn the evidence behind intravenous (IV) ketamine therapy and different formulations of ketamine to provide the most up-to-date recommendations to your clients.
This introductory-level workshop will allow participants to:
- Better answer questions from clients on ketamine and other future psychedelic treatments
- Learn how to integrate ketamine-assisted psychotherapy into their practice
- Learn indications for referral to a ketamine clinic
- Differentiate between the wide range of ketamine clinics to recommend safe and effective options to clients
About the Presenter
Anthony Kaveh MD is a Stanford- and Harvard-trained anesthesiologist and integrative medicine specialist, completing fellowship training at the Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine.
Dr. Kaveh is a regular speaker to the Bay Area psychologist community on the indications, evidence, and safety of ketamine therapy to augment psychotherapy across a variety of therapeutic settings. He actively engages with legislators in California to safely increase access to evidence-based psychedelic medicine practices. He is also an advisor for medical malpractice carriers for best practices to protect patient safety in the growing psychedelic medicine field.
He is the medical director of Harmony Infusion Therapy Clinic, a holistic ketamine clinic in Burlingame, CA. He provides educational opportunities to the community to shadow the ketamine infusion experience and learn the structure of safe and effective psychedelic healing.
- Understand the clinical use of ketamine inside and outside surgical settings
- Appreciate the effectiveness and side effects of traditional antidepressants, anxiolytics, and related psychoactive medications
- Recognize when referral to ketamine therapy is appropriate for clients
- Identify objective quality metrics for safe, informed referral to ketamine clinics
At the end of this course the learner will be able to:
- Explore the roles of ketamine in mental health treatment
- Compare ketamine to traditional psychoactive pharmaceuticals
- Critically evaluate the risks and benefits of psychedelic therapies and practical considerations in selecting a treatment center
1 Growing medical acceptance of psychedelic medicine – why?
2 Comparison to traditional psychoactive medications – side effects, shortcomings, safety
1 Clinical use
2 Neurochemical effects
3 Delivery routes (IV, IM, IN, oral)
5 Side effects
4 Psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy (PAP, KAP)
5 Treatment protocols
7 Quality metrics in ketamine clinics
8 Question and Answer Period
Target audience: Licensed psychologists, licensed social workers, licensed professional counselors, licensed marriage & family therapists, and pre-licensed professionals.
CE Credit Certificates
Course meets the qualifications for 2 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and/or LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
East Bay Chapter of CAMFT is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (Provider #52488) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. East Bay Chapter of CAMFT maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Please note: Certificates of Completion will be awarded after the completion of the workshop to those who attend the workshop in its entirety and complete the course evaluation form.
We invite non-members to consider joining East Bay CAMFT.
Licensed Membership Fee: $60/annually
Pre-Licensed Associate/Student/Retired Membership Fee: $35/annually
**IMPORTANT REFUND/CANCELLATION POLICY
You may cancel for a 50% refund between 5 and 15 days in advance of the event. No refunds for cancellations within 5 days of the event or for no-shows or failure to attend due to emergencies. Unused funds cannot be applied to future events. NO EXCEPTIONS! If the event is cancelled for any reason, you will receive a full refund.
**By registering for the event you agree to the terms of the Cancellation/Refund Policy**
For general information, special needs, ADA accommodations, or grievances: Please contact Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response within 24 hours. Note: Deadline for requesting ADA accommodations is two weeks prior to the workshop so that we may have time to properly accommodate you.